Official announcements from the Town of Ramseur municipal office, the mayor’s office, board of commissioners, planning & zoning board, advisory councils, public works, police or fire departments. Please send announcements to RamseurWatchdog@yahoo.com and include the word “Announcement” in the subject line. Must be sent from a recognized email account for publication.
MEALS-ON-WHEELS: There will be a Meals on Wheels delivery information meeting on Tuesday, November 12th at 6:30 p.m. at the Ramseur Municipal Building.
PUBLIC NOTICE: NORTH BRADY STREET, Water will be turned off at 7 a.m. on Sunday, November 10, 2019 to repair a fire hydrant. The water should be turned back on no later than 11 a.m.
LEAF COLLECTION SCHEDULE The Town of Ramseur leaf collection season will begin on October 21st and end in January (date TBD depending on the weather). Follow these guidelines:
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard, behind the curb, and not in the street.
- Leaves need to be placed close to the road, raked up on road edge, but not on road.
- Leaves must be in a wind row for equipment to vacuum up quickly, no large piles which are hand labor intensive.
- Absolutely no twigs or sticks should be in leaves. Sticks, rocks, and other debris may damage our equipment.
- No garden trimmings, tomato vines, corn stalks, flowers, or shrubs are allowed.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near your leaves.
- No bagging of leaves.
- Do not put your leaves on a tarp.
Inclement weather may force a change in the leaf collection schedule.